We have a tradition when relatives gather every January 2 and play Monopoly all day. On this day we prepare buffet snacks, canapes, sandwiches, fish, vegetables, meat, cheese, as well as portioned salads. Traditional chicken aspic is no exception. The dish turns out to be a delicate, dietary, very festive treat for any celebration. It can be cooked in a day or two, and nothing will happen to it. After all, on holidays there is always a lot of trouble with other dishes that need to be served directly on the table, with fervor from the heat.
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
- 3 pieces Chicken leg
- 3 liters Water
- 1 piece Carrot
- 1 piece Onion
- 2 pieces Bay leaf
- 6 piece Allspice (peas)
- 25 gram Gelatin
- Salt to taste
- According to the idea, you need to partially or completely remove the skin from the legs, the first is a lot of fat, the second is that the broth will become cloudy. But I leave it on one, then remove it when slicing. Here, as you can see in the photo, the broth turned out to be light. So, rinse the ham well, put it in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Drain the water, rinse the legs and fill them with fresh water again. As soon as it boils, if foam appears, we remove it, but usually it is not enough, but for the transparency of the broth we try to remove everything.
- Make the fire minimal. Add carrots and onions to the broth. To make the jelly get a beautiful color, when cooking, you can add onions with husks to the chicken. But it should not be much, otherwise the broth will turn brown - cook for an hour. The main thing is that everything languishes slowly. 30 minutes before the end of cooking, add salt, pepper and 5-10 minutes - bay leaf.
- The broth should be strained into another bowl. Measure its quantity. Since we are cooking aspic from chicken, we also need to make jelly. Pour in about 150 ml of broth and dilute the gelatin, let it swell. The method of application is indicated on the package. Then dissolve the gelatin in a water bath or in a mixer, without bringing it to a boil, i.e. not exceeding 70 ° C. Pour the jelly through a sieve into the broth, mix and taste for salt. Gelatin is diluted at the rate of: 10 g of gelatin per 0.5 liters of broth.
- Arrange the meat into portions and pour over the broth. If desired, you can add various products to it. Under a layer of transparent jelly, they will turn into a spectacular decoration. The portioned aspic from chicken looks especially great. But do not add such products to the classic jelly. Put the aspic in the refrigerator to solidify. If there is still broth left, you can pour it over any vegetables, meat or fish. Sorry about the night photo, it didn't want to turn out. The volume of cans is 130 ml.
- And now we will definitely decorate, we have a holiday. From the carrots from which the broth was cooked, cut different figures. Boil the quail eggs and decorate, as you can see in the photo. Of course, you can decorate to your taste, there's a flight of fancy. It will always be fine. Enjoy your meal! Happy New Year! May it bring you and your family good health and a lot of happiness!!!