For a long time, festive tables practically could not do without liver pates. And not only festive ones. Pate with butter is ideal for breakfast sandwiches, afternoon tea or just a snack. It certainly has a lot of calories. It was prepared from beef or pork liver with abundant addition of butter. So, today I'm going to make this pate. Only I'll take the bird liver. I will also add butter to it. The oil must be of high quality. The liver, after frying with onions and carrots, was passed through a meat grinder a couple of times to get a homogeneous, tender mass.
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 400 gram Chicken liver
- 1 piece Onion
- 1 piece Carrot
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- 150 gram Butter 82.5 % or slightly less, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 0,25 teaspoons Black pepper or to taste
- I will grate onions and carrots with a combine on a grater, literally every vegetable for half a minute each. This will save me time and save me from tears after slicing onions. Pour oil into a frying pan, heat it up and put the onion. Gilded it. Onions do not need to be fried too much, this will affect the taste of the pate. Next, put the carrots and stew the vegetables for 5 minutes on low heat under the lid.
- Turn the liver over. Simmer it with vegetables until the liquid evaporates and is ready for another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stirred. Made by. Remove from the heat and put a generous piece of butter, about 100 g, on the contents of the pan. Stir and let cool to transfer everything to the bowl of the combine for grinding until smooth.
- Form a pate, which I roll in the center with butter. Now we need a large board and a piece of food wrap the size of a board. Put the contents on the film and form a rectangle about 15X22 cm in size and ~ 1.5 cm in height. you need to leave the loose ends of the film on all sides ~ 5-6 cm on each side. It is very convenient to work with the pate with a silicone spatula: form a rectangle, flatten it and spread it out of the mug. On a rectangle in the center, spread pieces of butter ~ 1 cm high and ~ 2 cm wide over the entire length. Who loves and eats butter, then you can spread it in chunks and thicker. That's enough for me now. Now we form a roll. Using a film, cover the oil first on one side, then on the other. Wrap in clingfilm, tie the ends and lay evenly with a roll. (See the photo!)
- I made the pate in the evening, and in the morning I took it out of the refrigerator. You can do it earlier, in 2-3 hours. It is important that it freezes and retains its shape for the festive table. The film was easily removed. I'll leave the liver pate on the board. After all, it is not right to eat it and it is very convenient for me to put it in the refrigerator under the lid, and it is also convenient to chop it on the board. You can find suitable beautiful pate dishes for the festive table.