If you buy the whole fish, then after cutting there are always "horns and legs". Head, tail, milk, some leftovers. Yes, you can use it all for fish soup. But if you don't want fish soup, you can make this simple and delicious pate. Its advantage is that it is budget-friendly and completely butter-free.
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 400 gram Offal cuttings of pink salmon. The weight is indicated along with the bones
- 200 gram Onion
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 200 ml Water approximately
- 2 pieces Bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce not obligatory
- So, the trimmings left after cutting pink salmon: the head with a small amount of pulp, tail, belly trimmings, skin, milk and ridge with a small amount of remaining pulp. Pour all this with a small amount of water, so that the water only covers the fish, cook with the addition of bay leaf for about 10-15 minutes. Cool in the broth. The broth can be used to make sauce for another dish.
- Slice the onion in any way. Over low heat, simmer the onion in vegetable oil until soft. Do not allow overcooking. The onion should become soft and only slightly toasted. You can replace part of the onion with carrots, mushrooms, celery root or parsley. Thus, we slightly diversify the taste of the pate.
- In boiled fish, separate all the meat from the bones, disassemble the head - there are also many different soft pieces. Mix everything with the fried onions in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste. I added a little more soy sauce, which will enhance the taste and give a little piquancy. But if you don't like soy sauce or you don't have it - then don't add it, it will be delicious without it. Note: the weight of the fish pulp after removing all the bones was 175 grams.