Today in our menu "Fricando" - a delicious dish of Catalan gastronomy, represents not that other, as the veal with mushrooms, braised in white wine. Due to the availability of fresh wild mushrooms, it is prepared in the fall, but if there are none, replace them with mushrooms, canned or dried mushrooms and enjoy this hearty and at the same time delicious dish at any time of the year. Cooking will take you about half an hour, the remaining time the veal will languish on a slow fire and invitingly remind you of itself with an alluring aroma.
|Cook Time||80 minutes|
- 450 gram Veal Or beef
- 350 gram Mushroom Any fresh forest mushrooms, can be canned or champignons. Or 50g dried
- 3 pieces Tomato
- 1 piece Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 120 ml Dry white wine
- 400 ml Water
- 2 pieces Bay leaf
- 60 gram Flour wheat / Flour
- 20 gram Almond flour Any other flour or starch
- 50 gram Nuts Ideally cedar, but you can use hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews or others
- 2 pinches Salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- First, we will prepare the necessary products. Cut the veal fillet into 1 cm thick plates. Dried mushrooms should be pre-soaked for 20-25 minutes in warm water,and canned throw in a colander to leave the liquid. Fresh ones can be immediately cleaned and randomly sliced. Tomatoes cut into small slices or three on a large grater. I have 1 can of tomato slices in their own juice.
- Don't waste any time on nuts. Ideally, there should be pine nuts, they can be immediately fried in a dry pan. But I didn't have that luxury, so I had to make do with almonds from the last harvest. It had to be cleaned and broken into small pieces. Any other nuts (cashews, hazelnuts, peanuts...) will do, except, perhaps, walnuts, they have too pronounced taste. Nuts should not be kept in the pan for a long time, just lightly brown and remove from the stove.