It will not be difficult to prepare these snack balls, and the modeling process can attract young cooks. The recipe for the dough is so simple that in the absence of fashionable kitchen appliances, you can easily cook it by hand. This "flyaway", in the literal sense of the word (eaten very quickly), snack is ideal for any receptions, banquets, festive feasts, parties of various subjects and even for evening family gatherings and games. Yes, these are games! If you use olives of two colors as a filling, then guests / family members can be invited to play the game "guess the color!", and at this moment the rate of their disappearance from the serving dish increases dramatically, as does a handful of delicious fried seeds.
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
For the dough:
- 200 gram Processed cheese
- 1 piece Chicken egg
- 1 tablespoon Paprika sweet
- 0,33 teaspoon Red hot pepper
- 300 gram Flour wheat / Flour
For the dough:
- Prepare the necessary set of ingredients for making snacks. Olives should be pitted. Processed cheese can be used with any flavoring additives (cream, ham, greens), but of a pasty consistency. Most often it is found in small baths, but there are also briquettes with a rather delicate structure – it can also be safely used.
- Pre-sift the wheat flour, first add half of its volume to the cheese mass and mix thoroughly. Then, in small portions, enter the remaining portion. Due to differences in the properties of flour depending on the region, the volume of eggs, the density of cheese and many other factors, it may take less or a little more, so it is not recommended to pour the entire specified volume at once.
- Knead the dough, not sticking to the hands and dishes, but not too tight. It should be soft and elastic. If the dough turns out to be tight, you can add a small amount of cold drinking water and knead until soft. The finished dough can be postponed for another occasion by tightening the bowl with cling film.
- napkin. Pinch off a small piece of dough slightly larger than a hazelnut, make a tortilla, put an olive in the center and collect the juice into a knot, gently pinch, forming a ball. These balls usually come out 42-50 pieces. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment, at a distance from each other, as the blanks will increase slightly in size during baking. Beat the chicken egg and brush the balls with it with a cooking brush. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds, for a change you can use it in different colors.
- Preheat the oven to 190-200 degrees. Bake the product for 15-20 minutes. It is better to focus on the characteristics of your oven and the appearance of baking. The finished balls should get an appetizing blush. Carefully remove them from the paper, and you can taste them. You can prepare them 2-3 days before the planned event, cool them and store them in a closed container or a sealed paper / plastic bag at room temperature. If desired, preheat in the oven for 2-3 minutes at 180 degrees before serving, but it is good when cold.