Preparing a biscuit:
Beat the eggs with sugar at the highest speed of the mixer for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix the sifted flour with baking powder and add parts to the beaten eggs, gently mix the mass with a whisk or silicone spatula from top to bottom. The dough should be airy. We try not to let the dough fall off.
In the bowl of a blender, put the mint sprigs and squeeze out the lemon juice, chop.
Squeeze the juice from the ground mint.
Add the juice to the sponge dough and mix. Also at this stage, we add green food dye.
The dough is transferred to a baking dish, greased with oil.
- Put in a preheated 180*C oven for 30-35 minutes (check readiness with a toothpick).
Ready-made sponge cake is cooled.
Preparing mint impregnation.
In a saucepan, mix sugar, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, mint. Put on the fire and cook for 5 minutes from the moment of boiling. on low heat. Filter through a sieve. Cool.
The cooled sponge cake is cut into two cakes and impregnated with the cooled impregnation.
Prepare the cream - mousse:
- Mix the yolks, starch, sugar, and lemon zest with a whisk until light.
Heat the milk to 60 g. and add a thin stream to the yolk mass.
Put the mass on a slow fire and constantly stirring bring to a thickening.
Chilled 33% cream whisk until stable peaks.
Combine the cream with the cooled custard base, add the yellow dye and enter the diluted gelatin (gelatin I used quickly soluble) mix.
Collect the cake in a detachable ring. The bottom of the ring is closed with a film or foil.
- First layer of sponge cake + cream mousse. Repeat the layers.
- The cake is sent to the freezer for 60 minutes. Until gelatin is completely stabilized.
As soon as the cream mousse stabilizes, carefully remove the split ring and remove the cake. Prepare the meringue, and put the cake in the refrigerator.
Prepare the meringue.
1. Absolutely clean dry dishes.
2. Don't overwhip it proteins.
3. boil the Syrup to 121 degrees.
- Add 250 g of sugar and 80 ml to the saucepan. waters. Put on the fire, stirring, bring the syrup to dissolve the sugar, then slightly reduce the heat and cook the syrup without touching. Bring the syrup to a temperature of 121 g.
- And while the syrup is cooking, whisk the whites into a fluffy foam with a pinch of salt and lemon juice.
- As soon as the syrup reaches a temperature of 121 g., remove from the heat and without stopping whipping for a second, pour the syrup into the whites in a thin stream.
-Continue to whisk and pour until the syrup runs out. We try not to pour syrup on the corollas! The mass quickly becomes more lush, light, voluminous.
"Now we're whipping up our meringue." Be patient — it will take about 7 to 10 minutes (depending on the power of the mixer).
We take the cake out of the refrigerator and apply the meringue.
Then, using a pastry spatula or knife, we make irregularities on the surface of the meringue.
Using a burner, slightly burn the meringue.
Decorate the cake with mint leaves and lemon slices.
Before serving, the cake is stored in the refrigerator. The cake is served chilled! After taking a bite of the cake, you will feel a very pleasant cooling effect of mint and lemon.