Buckwheat porridge, which is cooked together with stewed vegetables. Healthy, with a rich taste, piquant, it will appeal to everyone who adheres to a lean diet at this time. From vegetables I took turnips, celery, sweet potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. It is not necessary to take these vegetables for cooking porridge. Everything is interchangeable. Spices are better to take the offered ones. This porridge is served as an independent dish, it can also be used as a side dish outside of fasting or for those who are meat eaters and can not without meat, adding a piece of meat or a cutlet to the porridge. Very tasty and satisfying!
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 1 glass Buckwheat glass capacity 350 ml
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 piece Onion red
- 1 piece Carrot
- 1 piece Celery stalks
- 1 piece Turnip yellow D~8-10 cm
- 1 piece Sweet potato ~250 g
- Seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil any vegetable oil you like, I have avocado oil
- 700 ml Water
- Salt to taste
Recommended spices for porridge:
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (ground)
- 0,5 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 3 pieces Allspice (peas)
- 5 pieces Black pepper (peas)
Recommended spices for porridge:
- We are preparing food for porridge. Vegetables can be taken and replaced with others. For example: instead of turnips, we put zucchini, sweet potatoes can not be put at all. You can use your favorite seasonal vegetables. But if you want to get a taste of porridge like mine, then put everything according to the recipe! You will get a delicious, healthy and vitamin buckwheat porridge.
- You need to take a suitable saucepan or saucepan, you can use a high frying pan on which we first fry and then stew the vegetables, and then we will immediately cook buckwheat together with the vegetables in it. I use a tall pot with a thick bottom. She poured the oil. Today I will pour vegetable oil from avocado. Pour any, your favorite: sunflower; olive... this is not a matter of principle. Preheat it and lay out the garlic cloves, having previously crushed them with the flat side of a knife. Fry the garlic for a minute so that it gives its flavor to the oil. You can throw it away. I'll clean it up later. I need to fry some more onions. Add the finely chopped onion, fry it for a minute and put the carrots, cut into small cubes. We're waiting a minute. Add a randomly chopped celery stalk. We'll wait a few more minutes.
- The queue for turnips and sweet potatoes. If the skin of these vegetables is thick, then peel it. I didn't clean it. Cut into small cubes and send the turnips first, and then the sweet potatoes. These vegetables cook very quickly. Sprinkle all the spices at once. If children will eat porridge, then you do not need to put cayenne pepper (red, black). Then you can pepper the finished porridge. I put ground cayenne pepper. Mix everything thoroughly, keep all the vegetables on low heat for a couple of minutes under the lid and evenly distribute buckwheat over them.
- Fill the contents of the pan with salted water. For one glass of buckwheat - 350 ml, for two glasses of water - 700 ml. Bring to a boil without stirring. Reduce the heat to low, cover the porridge with a lid and cook for 10 minutes until the water is almost completely absorbed. With the handle of a spoon, we make holes to the bottom (as for cooking pilaf) and cook the porridge for another 10 minutes, until the buckwheat is ready and the liquid is completely absorbed. During this time, all the vegetables will be cooked. Then mix the porridge with the vegetables and let it brew under the lid on low heat for another 5 minutes.