I cook this dish quite often. In my opinion, the main thing in it is the sauce. It is a combination of a delicate creamy taste with the sourness of tomatoes, the piquancy of olives and is complemented by the texture and taste of vegetables. All this goes very well with fish. To do this, fish stew can be cooked in different ways. You can pan in flour and fry, or you can cook in the form of a sou. As a result, the fish turns out to be very tender, and fried a little fatter, but with an additional delicious taste. The combination of red and white fish gives an interesting shade to the dish. Serve with ratatouille, as in this recipe, or with crumbly rice.
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 600 gram Salmon you can fillet any red fish
- 600 gram Cod you can fillet any low-fat white fish
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 200 gram Onion
- 1 teaspoon Red sweet pepper dried, flakes
- 800 gram Tomatoes in own juice
- 300 milliliters White dry wine 200 ml for sauce and 100 ml for Ratatouille
- 500 milliliters Cream (20%)
- 0,5 bunch Dill
- 20 pieces Black olives
- 30 gram Flour wheat / Flour 1 tbsp with slide
- 7 gram Salt
- 1 piece Leek for Ratatouille - can be replaced with white parts of green onions
- 2 pieces Sweet peppers more beautiful is obtained - when colorful
- 3 pieces Carrots average
- 0,5 piece Onion red 100g
- 1 piece Eggplant small - 300 - 400 grams
- 0,5 bunch Green Onion
- 0,25 bunch Parsley
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Prepare the fish. This time I did it in a dry form, so I put it to cook in advance. And if we fry, it's better to do it at the end, when the sauce and ratatouille are ready - so that they don't cool down. Frozen or unfrozen, cook at a temperature of 54 °C / 130°F for 45 min. 30 min. To do this, cut the fillets into portions of 170-200 g and pack them in regular zippered freezer bags or special vacuum bags for the Appearance, season with salt, pepper and add a little olive oil. If we use bags with a zipper, squeeze out the air by plunging the bag of fish into the water and holding the neck above the water. When the air comes out, close the zipper. After cooking - cut or break into portions into 3-4 pieces You can just fry the fish. Cut the fillet into pieces of about 60 - 70 g, mix flour with salt, pan the fish and fry over low heat with the addition of refined olive oil. Fry according to the scheme 75/25 - 75% of the time on one side and 25% on the other. Thus, when we fry from the first side, we can observe the degree of readiness to change the color of the fish.
- Preheat the frying pan over high heat with the addition of refined olive oil (4 tbsp. l.). Put the vegetables on a preheated frying pan and fry over high heat until golden brown. Then add 100 g of wine, reduce the heat to medium and bring it almost to readiness. Vegetables should turn out with a crunch - al dente.
- If you are frying fish - now is the right time for this - put the sauce aside and fry the fish as described in the first step. If the fish was cooked in the form of a sou, it should just be ready. In any case, add the FINISHED fish to the sauce. Mix lightly - carefully so as not to stretch the pieces of fish.