|Cook Time||60 minutes|
- 450 gram Flour wheat / Flour
- 100 ml Milk
- 80 gram Butter
- 0,5 teaspoon Salt
- 1 pack Vanilla sugar
- 2 pieces Chicken eggs
- 150 gram Sugar
- 15 gram Yeast pressed or fast-acting yeast for muffins-7 g
- 100 ml Water
- 1 piece Egg yolk for lubrication
- 1 handful Cherries dried
- 1 handful Dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons Poppy seeds steamed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- For the preparation of yeast dough, I use a bread maker. The dough for the pie can be prepared in two ways: put all the ingredients at room temperature specified in the recipe (replace the boiling water with milk) in a bucket of bread maker, set the program "Dough" and after 1.5 hours get a bucket of flavored dough or prepare the dough in a sourdough way. The dough for the cake turns out to be delicious in any version, but for the anniversary recipe, I will prepare the dough on custard, in the evening you can prepare the sourdough, and in the morning put the dough on the knead. To prepare the custard base of the dough, pour 100 ml of boiling water into a bowl, pour in portions of 30-40 g of flour from the total amount, stirring the mixture vigorously with a whisk, so that the lumps do not boil. Weigh the eggs, the recipe contains the weight of eggs in 100 g, if the weight exceeds 100 g, then reduce the amount of milk by this amount (i.e. eggs+milk=200 g). Beat eggs lightly with a whisk with 40 g of sugar. In the warm custard mixture, pour the beaten eggs, mix, then add the warm milk, mix until smooth. Then crumble the pressed yeast (using extra), mix until the yeast dissolves.
- Pour the sifted flour, remaining sugar 110 g, salt, vanilla sugar, and mix into a bucket of bread maker. Put the pieces of butter in the flour, mix, and make a hollow in the flour with a spoon. Pour the prepared yeast mixture into it, do not mix. Place the bucket in the bread maker. At a temperature of about 20C, the sourdough can ripen for about 8-10 hours, at a higher temperature, it can be reduced to 6 hours. In my case, the bread maker was on the loggia from 10 PM to 6 am, then set the "Dough" mode.
- To prepare the poppy filling, wash the seeds, pour water, boil, and drain the water. Re-fill the poppy seeds with water, cook for 20 minutes until the grains soften, and drain with a sieve. Mac with sugar (to taste) grind with a blender, put in a saucepan, add honey (if desired), dry until the liquid evaporates on low heat, the filling should be crumbly, without excess moisture. To prepare the filling of dried apricots, pre-wash the fruit, dry it, cut into a small cube. Dried cherries are also washed and dried.